Tuesday, August 19, 2008

the road not taken

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


ahh!soo meaningful.and it reflects the way of life im in right now.i was left pondering about my future.and i came across this poem while reading the form 5 poems for english.and i thought to myself "is this the life i wanted?am i getting what i wanted all this while?" sighh

i came to KL 3 years ago because of personal reasons.reasons that i could not bear with it anymore staying in Malacca.and while all my friends opt for MMU, i choose the other.i decided TARC was the best choice i have in hand to escape from all the woes and miseries i'd gone through for the past 5 years.and during this 5 years, i always dreamt of moving to KL and live the way of a KL-ian does.

i came to thise bustling city in search of joy, happiness, a bright future, a better life..to run away from reality of life, to live in denial i was back then.i came to pursue the life of the happening, social, luxury of life.and the poem says :

" I shall be telling this with a sigh, Somewhere ages and ages hence, two roads diverged in a wood, and I"

choosing the life staying back leaves me with a future, a known one, a predictable life.i know it.i can see it clearly.whats ahead of me.i know the consequences of the first option.i should have felt more secure and know my sense of direction in life then.i could foresee what was ahead of me.for at least 4 years of my teenage years.

Yet, i choose to other.the road less taken.and i know it was for the better.i always have known it.though i dont know what is there waiting for me.but life is a journey.an endevour we all will never know.and i choose it that way.i came here all alone.not knowing anyone here.it was completely different for me.the first few weeks was the hardest.i almost gave up.i reall wanted to go back home.where family and friends stands.but yet im stubborn.no way im going back to being miserable.the weeks became months..and months came years.and its 3 years.3 years of turbulences.

my whole world came upside down.and i see it now.the path is clearer to me.i can see it ahead of me.
i've achieved what i want all my life.i've done things i never knew i would.i see things in a wider view.i became the person i am today.not the snobbish bastard i was.i learn to live life.and live it to the max.i became a man.i meet people from all walks of life.i picked up new languages.i had a gf.i travel to places i thought i'll never go.life was made harder.and complicated.but interesting.i love my life.i love every minute of it.i somehow felt lonelier at times.

I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

i am what i am today.

No comments: